Many of our patients think that they are doing a good job of taking care of their oral health. In order to maintain good oral health, it is essential to go beyond regular brushing and flossing. Our team of dentists recommend the following tips for better oral health. Good oral hygiene impacts your overall health, and it’s no myth that the condition of your mouth can affect the health of your body.
Here are some tips to help you maintain healthy teeth and gums. Remember, it's also never too early to start teaching your children to take care of their teeth and gums.
• Brush twice a day. Using a toothbrush with soft bristles is also key.
• Brush for at least 3 minutes
• Floss your teeth daily with slow and gentle movements
• Avoid food and drinks which are high in sugar.
• Use a fluoridated toothpaste
• Do not use your teeth for miscellaneous tasks like opening bottle caps, cracking nuts etc. This would result in cracked or chipped tooth.
• In case of any accidents, ALWAYS try to preserve your knocked-out tooth. Your dentist can help in placing it back.
• Use a helmet or a guard to protect your teeth against injury during sports.
• Last but not the least, visit your dentist regularly
Book An Appointment or call us on (215) 564-1025 now for all your dental needs.
For the best & COVID-19 Safe Dental Treatment - Walnut Street Smiles - Dentist in Philadelphia, Dentist in PA, Dentist in 19102.