Everybody wants to own a picture-perfect smile. Unfortunately, not all are blessed with natural pearly whites. For this reason, many people seek teeth whitening solutions — from natural whitening agents, over-the-counter-products, to DIY home remedies. From there, the popularity of teeth whitening treatments widened and increased.
A whitening treatment does not only provide patients with whiter teeth; it has a lot more to offer. For some people, having discolored teeth is a disadvantage. Others may even feel inferior causing their self-confidence to drop. At Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia, we offer Pola teeth whitening brand and in-house products to help our patients gain their dream smiles.
A white, bright, and beautiful smile start after undergoing a whitening procedure and continues when the patient goes out of the dental office. Keeping their pearly whites healthy depend on their commitment. Here is a list of what patients should do to maintain the effects of the treatment.
Tips to follow after a Teeth Whitening Treatment
- Avoid the excessive intake of stain-causing beverages such as coffee, tea, red wine, and sodas.
- Use a straw when drinking dark-colored substances to avoid its direct contact with the teeth.
- Do not smoke tobacco after the treatment; it contains two substances that cause stubborn stains — tar and nicotine.
- Opt for white food recipes to keep the teeth bright and to prevent staining. Patients may consume mashed potatoes, plain chicken, plain pasta and white sauce, cereals, milk, yogurt, and more.
- Do not use dark-colored mouth rinses and toothpaste.
- Limit the intake of acidic foods like lemons, or eating sour candies. These kinds of foods may erode the teeth enamel.
- Brush the teeth regularly. It is not possible to maintain the color of the teeth if a patient does not practice proper oral hygiene. It is suggested to brush twice a day, floss at least once and rinse the mouth to get rid of any harmful agents that can compromise the teeth.
- If the teeth become yellowish after the treatment, do not use home remedies. It is best to visit the dentist to address the issue further.
Attaining whiter teeth would not happen in a snap. But with the help of professional teeth whitening treatments, patients can rest assured of its effective and favorable results.
Let us help you improve the appearance and form of your teeth! Book your appointment with us at Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia for your Teeth Whitening services in Philadelphia, PA.