Dentistry has been developing the services it offers throughout the years. From the diagnosis, preventions, and restorations everything can now cater to each patient’s specific needs. Missing teeth is one of the most common dental complications that can be restored with specific dental treatments. Although multiple options are now available, dentures have always been the go-to treatment for its restoration.
At Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia, we want to bring back the beautiful smiles of our patients to make them enjoy life more. As a solution for multiple missing teeth, we offer partial dentures as a restoration for their smiles and confidence. Live life to the fullest with a beautiful and natural-looking smile for overall health and wellness!
Tips for the Proper Care of Dentures
Dentures may be made from artificial materials to serve as the replacement of missing teeth, but they should still be adequately maintained to ensure its longevity and overall function.
- Practice proper dental hygiene by brushing twice a day, flossing at least once a day, and rinsing to keep the teeth and other oral structures that support the dentures clean and healthy.
- Use soft-bristled toothbrush in cleaning the appliance to avoid scratches that can make it harder to clean and also to prevent from irritating the gums or palate (roof of the mouth).
- While rinsing, make sure to use lukewarm water. Avoid using hot or boiling water for it may warp and deform the denture making it unusable. Rinse it every after a meal to remove any food debris that may get stuck on any of its surface.
- Do not use toothpaste since it can be too abrasive for the acrylic portion of the dentures.
- Soak the dentures every night during sleep to keep it sanitized with water or denture solution.
- Observe if there are any sudden changes with its fit and form for it to be immediately adjusted. Keeping it at top shape can ensure its durability and functionality.
- Handle the dentures with care during wearing, cleaning, or storing to prevent it from being damaged.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleanings not only for the maintenance of the mouth’s natural structure but also for the dental appliance.
Partial dentures help in restoring the lost teeth’s appearance and function. With that in mind keeping the natural teeth and oral structures healthy are vital for its stability, durability, and function.
You deserve only the outstanding dental care services. We provide Partial Dentures in Philadelphia for teeth restorations to improve their appearance and function. Book your appointment with us at Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia and let us help you achieve more beautiful and healthier smile!